Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sew Happy QAL Progress

Well, I missed the deadline for the completed tops for the prizes, but I am still making progress on the Sew Happy Geek QAL. I made 4 more blocks, so up to 8 now. 2/3 of the way there, although I left the hard ones for last. I think I need to re-do the first block below. I love it, but the background on the strawberries just doesn't really match with the rest of the aqua. I think I can re-purpose it into something fun, perhaps a tote bag panel.

I learned two things in making these blocks that are probably super standard old hat stuff for experienced quilters. 1: Starch. Oh boy does this make a difference. Love it. Although did get a little flaky toward the end, not sure how to avoid that. and 2. Pressing seams in opposite directions so that they match up when joining rows, etc. That really worked. So some of my later blocks came out very accurate, the best I have done so far. Super excited about these tricks. Can't wait to learn more.

Love this, but just doesn't go.

I love, love, love the Pezzy Print. So had to do a block with those. I kinda wish I had done a solid grey with the grey pezzy, but I still like it alot.

This is my favorite block so far. It is made with the Dalmation print from my I-Spy swap, and then the big dots are from the polka dot swap I just participated in.

And the final one. Love this too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey those were my dalmatians! They look awesome in that block :) Love the "mason jars" from Connecting Threads too. I bought a few yards of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a perfect job on them, that's for sure! Brill!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...